Boondockers

Ogilby Road BLM California – *Update* New Camping Restrictions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Ray 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Admin

In this video, I provide information on the new or maybe newly enforced dispersed camping restrictions at Ogilby Road BLM in southern California near Yuma, AZ

I was visited by a BLM ranger and told I was breaking the rules camped where I was. He was nice and educated me on the rules and where to get an app and map to find the proper areas to camp.

I thought I’d do an update video to pass along the info.

See my previous posts and videos on Ogilby Road BLM area:

Ogilby and Cibola BLM Campsites and Birds Birds Birds!

Boondocking at the Ogilby Road BLM near Yuma AZ

Link to the BLM Georeferenced PDF Maps – https://www.blm.gov/maps/georeferenced-PDFs

RVHH Chief Cook and Bottle Washer - LoveYourRV.com

1 user thanked author for this post.

Thanks Ray! They need to get rid of the BLM roads and stay with the “Historical” roads. As I remember, the BLM ones are bad and messed with the washes. The “Old roads ran down the crown of land, not in and out of the washes messing with natural water drainage. :wacko:

Thanks again for the info.:good:

Happy Trails…Pal!!!:bye:

Thanks Ray! They need to get rid of the BLM roads and stay with the “Historical” roads. As I remember, the BLM ones are bad and messed with the washes. The “Old roads ran down the crown of land, not in and out of the washes messing with natural water drainage. :wacko:

Thanks again for the info.:good:

Happy Trails…Pal!!!:bye:

Would this be because of others miss using the area?

We became FullTimers July !6th, 2016

Ray
    Admin

Would this be because of others miss using the area?

Not sure, I think it may have something to do with a reappearance of the protrected desert tortoise in this area. but just a guess.

I’ve heard that Thousand Trails Road near Cottonwood AZ has been closed also.  I wonder if this is a general trend by BLM?  Just close off land whenever you can think of a good reason.  This has been happening for years on the off road trails.

Ray
    Admin

I’ve heard that Thousand Trails Road near Cottonwood AZ has been closed also. I wonder if this is a general trend by BLM? Just close off land whenever you can think of a good reason. This has been happening for years on the off road trails.

I drove through that BLM on TT Rd last spring, can see why they closed it, many of the rigs and tent camps looked like squatters, had a real sketchy feel to the area. Guess they don’t have the manpower to police it so easy route is to close it for a while. That’s my guess.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who viewed ThisX