Winegard ConnecT WiFi Extender Installation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ray
    Keymaster

See full blog post here – http://www.loveyourrv.com/installing-winegard-connect-rv/

In this video, I’m installing a Winegard ConnecT RV WiFi Extender onto my Keystone Cougar fifth wheel trailer

I show how I mount the external antenna/amp unit on the roof and run the 25-foot cable down into our RV. Then I mount the internal antenna/amp box inside a kitchen cabinet and setup the software on my laptop to get it all hooked up.

I plan to use the system for a few weeks and come back with a full review video for you.

J J

Ray, I thought you had a wifi ranger?

Ray
    Keymaster

[quote quote=39702]Ray, I thought you had a wifi ranger? [/quote]

Nope, not me. We had a Jefatech for the last 4 years – http://www.loveyourrv.com/jefatech-wifi-repeater/

Wayne&Marina
    Participant

Wow, it was interesting until I saw the price. I am looking forward to a review later as it would have to make a huge difference to justify the cost. Thankfully they sent you one to try out. The company must be confident in their product because everybody knows your reviews are truthful, good, or not so good.

J J

The price caught me by surprise as well. Same price point as the WiFi Ranger. From what I can tell the WiFi Ranger looks to be the better unit for the price, will be looking forward to your thoughts on performance of this unit Ray….

J

Ray
    Keymaster

[quote quote=39718]Wow, it was interesting until I saw the price. I am looking forward to a review later as it would have to make a huge difference to justify the cost. Thankfully they sent you one to try out. The company must be confident in their product because everybody knows your reviews are truthful, good, or not so good. [/quote]

Yes, pricey, it’s competition appears to be the WiFi Ranger which is quite a bit less and looks to have more advanced options. I ‘ve searched around for info, since the company doesn’t publish many in-depth details I can find on it and here is the best conversation I’ve found. – http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f26/winegard-connect-wifi-extender-5816.html

One thing I’ve read is it’s designed and built in the US which may explain the higher price.

I have a Wifi Ranger Elite if anyone wants my 2 cents.

Its is great for tapping into free WiFi sources securely behind a firewall up to 2 miles away given a clear path.

If you have a MiFi or jetpack it can merge the two for the best signal.
    I mounted my antenna on the mast of my Batwing so I just raise it to gain more height.

I used it all the time before I got an unlimited data plan (expensive grandfathered plan) and it main purpose now is to provide an in-home network. I’ve also shared the connection privately with friends.

I am looking to get a cell booster like the one Ray installed to complete the package since I do extensive work online, making it tax deductible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.