Which Solar Panels?

Home RV Happy Hour Forums Solar Power Which Solar Panels?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Central NY, ( Paul & Michelle ) 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Doug Elam
    • 143 Locust St, Twin Falls, ID 83301, USA

I am in the beginning learning phase of installing solar on my 5th wheel. I have been looking at different systems, and I have been considering the Renogy 800 watt 12 volt Solar Premium Kit. It is the Eclipse kit, with 8 slightly smaller panels, which I have determined that they will fit on my roof, but may be a little tight for walking up there. (32 ‘ ) Then, I am looking at different higher watt solar panels, like roughly 300 watts, so I only need 3, or maybe 4. They are bigger but will still fit. With those, I would have to piece everything together such as my charge controller, wire and so on. What is the best option? Does Renogy make good equipment? Would a different charge controller for a slightly bigger system be a better trade off? Is a kit from Renogy a good choice? When you go about building a system, were do you get your equipment, or is it all just a matter of price and availability? Thank you.   Doug.
    <h1 class=”prd-title”></h1>

Central NY, ( Paul & Michelle )
    • Upper South Bay, Oneida Lake, NY

Hi Doug,  Your at the right place, Ray haves a lot of knowledge .   This is what we put on our class C last spring .   We are not full timers yet , but we are boondockers here in the north east and this keep’s our battery at full charge  .   This year we are up grading the battery bank to add more storage.  We are very happy with it.

Renogy 400 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit with Wanderer
    4.0 out of 5 stars
    70 customer reviews | 171 answered questions , List  Price:
    Amazon.com – $614.99 & FREE Shipping 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

- Enter Your Location -
- or -

People Who viewed ThisX