Where should we camp in the Black Hills??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant

My wife and I are heading to the Black Hills this September/October for 10 days and were wondering what are some of your favorite campgrounds in that area.  I’ve looked on different websites for ratings but they seem to range all over the place for the the same campground and it’s hard to say who is telling the truth and who is just trying to sell their campsites. So I came here to ask people who I can trust where we should camp in the Black Hills area. We are looking for somewhere central so we can do day trips whit a two hour drive or less. A clean, quite  and with preferably shady, full service sites.

Also what are some of the less well known attractions in the area that we shouldn’t miss.

Any and all  input would be much appreciated!

thanks

Rick

Julie Gramoll
    Participant

We stayed at Custer State Park 4 years ago on our adventure out west.  We loved it and thought it was quiet.  You are right in the thick of nature.  You have a river behind the campground and we woke to all sorts of deer in the morning right in the campground area.  You are close to the wildlife loop in the park and we had a herd of buffalo standing right next to our truck.  The Lodge in the park has amazing food and a great atmosphere.  Truly a memorable experience.

Attachments:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.