Tools, tools, and more tools!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Norma
    Participant

Tools and spares seem to be taking over my rig.  Where do you store your hand tools?  Class A and 5ers seem to have plenty of belly space for this, but we’re limited down there.  Also, I haven’t upgraded my locks on those areas yet, so I’m kind of hesitant to put much down there.

My tools are not high end, but I have a few hundred dollars in various and sundry items.  Be a shame to have to replace it all.  🙁

BUT, not much room onboard either…lol…so my dilemma…what do my fellow Class Cers do?

James
    Participant

Can u get like a tool box? Then use like socket holders,  wrench organizers to help take up less space.?

James
    Participant

Hey I just thought of something.  Go to a welder and have a steel rack made and attached to your rear bumper.  Bolt a truck tool box to it and there is your tool storage and then some.

Eddie & Aileen
    Participant

Hi Norma,  you can also get a storage box that hooks into the tow recever hitch or get a Steel Cargo Hauler and find a box that will fit on it. If you are towing a car you can get a dual hitch extension and the Cargo Hauler can be installed on the top tube.

Happy Trails!!!
    <h2 id=”productName”>http://www.amazon.com/StowAway-Swing-Away-Standard-Carrier/dp/B002WVP2EO/ref=sr_1_39?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1411614119&sr=1-39</h2&gt;

Norma
    Participant

ooo…good ideas you guys!  And from the A/5er club too!  lol!!

Norma,
    Bob has started working on just that problem, I call it basement storage. There are certain items I don’t think belong in the inside of our Rig, but as you know there is not much storage in the basement compartments! He has purchased 4 big Zip Lock containers and we have a cargo platform (for the back of the RV) on our want list. We still aren’t sure about our bikes yet, either. I’ll encourage him to update you on all his organizing solutions and maybe you have some suggestions for him — like get rid of some stuff!!!! 😆 :yes: -Nancy

Norma
    Participant

Get rid of tools?  NEVER!!!  lol!

Getting rid of tools is definitely going to be tough! Mine have many memories attached and that is exactly the reason I will be able to let them go!! I will always have the memories and will travel much lighter with them instead of the tools. Also, around here tools are very desirable at garage sales.  –Bob  :yes:

Norma
    Participant

You’re a better man than me, Bob.

To be honest – since our daughter will be renting our house we have a storage area. I’m just trying to encourage him not to fill it with tools and stuff!! -Nancy :wacko:

Norma
    Participant

HAHAHAHAH!!!

Norma
    Participant

Ran across this post over at rvforum about tool thievery.  Good info and tips here.  Link.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you know that if you make your living with your tools, and they are stolen from your home or garage and there is sign of forced entry, that you fall into a different category where the insurance company will pay out a higher amount?
    I had an “involuntary garage sale” and discovered this several years ago. Had to jump through a few hoops, but got $4500 instead of the $1500 cap for regular homeowners.

Norma
    Participant

hmmm…wonder how I can qualify for that…well it IS my house…I DO work there…need a house to work out of…need tools to fix house…naaaaaahhh…it’d never stick.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.