Things we run off our Solar.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eddie & Aileen 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

LolaandRush
    Participant

We have a 560 watts solar setup.  We always try to charge all things requiring a/c during to day while sun is good. We replaced all light bulbs with LED bulbs. Even those on exterior. We like to set under the stars a lot. When we set inside in evening we run TV , use DVD player and radio. I use a CPAP at nights. If temps require propane heater we fire it up and warm RV as needed. We cook a full breakfast using a nuwave induction plate, several cups of coffee, and even make toast. All the comforts of home. We spent three weeks completely off grid. After the first week we had a good understanding of usage. Since we have no generator  we keep a look at the weather. We learn that we were good for two days under cloudy skies. Keeping notes on daily usage,battery monitor and time of day notes were documented. Even noted sunrise and sunset times. Maintence schedule of batteries. The solar has opened up a new world for us.   I looked into solar for many months. I had a am solar person in the east price a system that in no way was the equivalent to ours. To do what we wanted to do took more than what he wanted to set us up with. We have just what we need now.  life is good off grid.

We became FullTimers July !6th, 2016

Eddie & Aileen
    Participant

I’m glade your happy with your system Rush and Lola. You are one of the few to go out with out the back-up of a generator.That was a big jump, good job!:good: I think you have found “Your” new lifestyle dry-camping out in the wilderness. Good for you guys!!

I’ve looked everywhere out there in the boondocks and never found one of those power rocks like you see in the RV magazines to plug into, but our solar is even better! We love going “Deep Boondocking” and staying off grid and “Out There” for 14 day stays or more if we can. This is the life for us!!:yahoo: :yes:

If anyone needs help setting up their system just give us a call or PM us here on RVHH.

Happy Trails!!!:bye:

Mobile Homestead Solar Services (252) 475-8034:Stars:

E-Mail- wyglonekseal@aol.com

LiveWorkDream
    Participant

Isn’t going totally off-grid great?!

Our first solar power system wasn’t nearly as robust as we needed. When we got another Arctic Fox that didn’t have solar, we committed to taking the plunge to getting the right system that would let us live comfortably, and we’re so glad we did!

Now we can run everything we need to live and work. We write about it a lot in our blog.

We have a small Honda super quiet generator but haven’t needed to use it once since we got the new system. Hubby added Stabil fluid to it the other day since it looks like we won’t be needing it for a while, although we still carry it. Last week the skies were really cloudy where we were camped in Colorado and we still didn’t need to power it up. Yay!

RV solar power is the ultimate freedom.

Attachments:

Attachments:

Eddie & Aileen
    Participant

Isn’t going totally off-grid great?! Our first solar power system wasn’t nearly as robust as we needed. When we got another Arctic Fox that didn’t have solar, we committed to taking the plunge to getting the right system that would let us live comfortably, and we’re so glad we did! Now we can run everything we need to live and work. We write about it a lot in our blog. We have a small Honda super quiet generator but haven’t needed to use it once since we got the new system. Hubby added Stabil fluid to it the other day since it looks like we won’t be needing it for a while, although we still carry it. Last week the skies were really cloudy where we were camped in Colorado and we still didn’t need to power it up. Yay! RV solar power is the ultimate freedom.

I can relate to your first solar experience. Ours was a “RV Type” store bought system and a junk controller with under sized wiring. After reading many books on solar and searching the internet hours on the computer until my eyes fell out, and making many, many, many changes, we now have a good system. I know we can use it boondocking for long periods with out the need of the old genny. As you said Solar Power is true “Ultimate Freedom” for the lifestyle of a boondocking fultimer. I had to make a ton of pricey changes and fixes to get it right. I love helping other RVer’s that is the reason we started doing RV Solar installations and repairs. I want to help people get out there dry-camping and teach them how to make solar power work and how to use their systems so they can enjoy the “Boondocking experience.

Happy Trails!!!  :bye:

Attachments:

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.