The Pains of RV Living

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ray
    Keymaster

This post has some good points, haha, love the photo

http://motorhome-rv.org/the-pains-of-rv-living.aspx

Honestly, most of the “pains” ( except dumping your black water , yet I have had toilet over flow that was very disgusting1 ) happen in some form even in a Bricks and Sticks! I like the fact I can move away from my questionable neighbors in my RV!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ray!!

8 Things That Suck About My Full Time RV Lifestyle

I had a few questions on this article, how do you get a 6 month supply of maintenance drugs? Will a US pharmacy accept a Canadian prescription?

Cooking: you left out not having a source of electricity to run kitchen gadgets while boondocking. Having to fire up a gen to do something is a bit of a pain. Rules out slow cooker meals.

Can’t argue on the furniture, the short bed must be a bit of an issue as you are 6’1″, I’m 5’9″ and my feet hang out over the end. Our furnace vent is at the foot of the bed, I had to install a different grill as the output would burn my toes and overheat the bed. I liberal supply of loose cushions helps with the dinette and couch.

Slightly depressed and bored when you wrote this?

I must admit I felt a bit depressed after reading that also! But then I went to the shelter and visited our RV and was happy again at the thought of hitting the road soon! – Nancy :dance:

Ray
    Keymaster

[quote quote=9278]Hi Ray!! http://www.loveyourrv.com/8-things-that-suck-about-my-full-time-rv-lifestyle/ I had a few questions on this article, how do you get a 6 month supply of maintenance drugs? Will a US pharmacy accept a Canadian prescription? Cooking: you left out not having a source of electricity to run kitchen gadgets while boondocking. Having to fire up a gen to do something is a bit of a pain. Rules out slow cooker meals. Can’t argue on the furniture, the short bed must be a bit of an issue as you are 6’1″, I’m 5’9″ and my feet hang out over the end. Our furnace vent is at the foot of the bed, I had to install a different grill as the output would burn my toes and overheat the bed. I liberal supply of loose cushions helps with the dinette and couch. Slightly depressed and bored when you wrote this? [/quote]

Anne talked her Doctor into giving her enough for 6 months. Lucky I don’t need anything yet. I’m not sure on the US pharmacy thing, I think in the past Anne has had stuff shipped from her usual Canadian pharmacist. She knows him quite well.

Anne only wishes her toes would burn, haha. In our fifth wheel the furnace venting isn’t designed to put much heat into the bedroom. Short bed isn’t too bad as I mostly sleep on my side and not stretched out fully so can make do with the short queen.

I wasn’t depressed, actually quite happy but I like to change it up on the blog sometimes. Always hard to keep coming up with new topics. 😉 Sometimes the more negative posts get more attention and discussion than another happy one. Also gives new full-timers some food for thought, many bail in the first 6 months after not quite realizing what life was going to be like.. It can be a big adjustment for some people.

Lauren

I found a DC  powered slow cooker at Amazon.com and used it a couple of times. Best is when we are on the road I make dinner it so it is ready when we get there. That way dosn’t use up our battery power.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anne talked her Doctor into giving her enough for 6 months. Lucky I don’t need anything yet. I’m not sure on the US pharmacy thing, I think in the past Anne has had stuff shipped from her usual Canadian pharmacist. She knows him quite well.

I don’t use any meds, but Sue has two dailies. I was checking through Good Sam, as they offer prescription discounts, and found that her drugs were significantly cheaper in the USA, only about 25% of what we pay here. But, if you need to go to a USA doctors office to get the prescription, it would cost you a lot more. Guess I’ll have to research this one a little more.

Sometimes the more negative posts get more attention and discussion than another happy one. Also gives new full-timers some food for thought, many bail in the first 6 months after not quite realizing what life was going to be like.. It can be a big adjustment for some people.

This is still something I don’t know yet. While it’s quite nice to read all about your adventures and unusual things you see, and add some to our “must see” list, it’s not thought provoking. Spending weekends at the trailer after slaving all week isn’t the same as living in the trailer full time for 6 months. Even on previous holidays, I usually want to move on after a week and a half in one spot. Part of this could be preparing yourself to return to the “grind”, I’ve never had the luxury of not having to do this before. A lot of uncharted territory!

Norma
    Participant

[quote quote=2987]I have had toilet over flow that was very disgusting[/quote]

And that, my friends, is how you become “official!”  :clap:

Norma
    Participant

[quote quote=9278]Rules out slow cooker meals.[/quote]

Don’t forget about this!  It works great…You can even boil on a campfire, if you want.  Official site.  Amazon link.

Cooool ! :yes: -Nancy

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have had toilet over flow that was very disgusting

And that, my friends, is how you become “official!”  :clap:

Does plugging your black tank valve count? ;-)

Norma
    Participant

Oooo…dang!  I think you might get to be President with that!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.