Stranded in the Rain on Highway 101 in Northern California

Home RV Happy Hour Forums Trips Reports Stranded in the Rain on Highway 101 in Northern California

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by George 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Admin
    • Unnamed Road, Tonopah, AZ 85354, USA

See full blog post – http://www.loveyourrv.com/stranded-101-highway-northern-california/

In this video, you’ll find footage from our recent RV break down on highway 101 near the town of Leggett California. Deep in the Redwood forest, we had limited communications so spent a bit of time stranded on the side of the highway.

Also being a rain forest it RAINED! a lot! We ended up getting a hold of our AAA roadside assistance and they got tow trucks sent out for the truck and fifth wheel trailer.

We had them towed around 50 miles to the town of Willits. We camped in the local KOA while the truck was repaired. Turned out to be a faulty fuel pump and not too much to fix.

Thanks to the guys at Willits Tire Center for the tow and speedy repair and to the California Highway Patrol for stopping 3 times to check on us.

Amazon Affiliate Links to Items seen in the video:
    Emergency Triangles – http://amzn.to/2hRtr6V
    weBoost RV cell amp – http://amzn.to/2hRZGmm

RVHH Chief Cook and Bottle Washer - LoveYourRV.com

Stephen C Keller
    • Iowa, United States

WOW, nice video Ray, sorry both of you broke down and had to wait for help. Being a holiday weekend a lot of repair places were taking a long weekend. Glad you found someone to tow and repair Ole Blue.

Buddy
    • Arlington, WA, United States

Hello Ray…

Watched you great video about the rescue and camp out along side of Hwy 101 that gets a lil noisy as we have also spent nights in some of the great B.C. rest areas on Hwy 97 between Williams Lake and Hope.

As you can tell the security issue was resolved. Thanks.

Safe travels..

Jim Streeter
    • Missoula, MT, United States

bummer about the breakdown, glad it was not difficult to fix.  Jim

Eddie & Aileen
    • 39976-40612 Plomosa Rd, Quartzsite, AZ 85346, USA

Good post & video Ray! Lucky it was not the injector pump, that one will set you back a little in the wallet. Glad you got “Old Blue” back to work.:good:

Happy Trails…Pal!!!

Ray
    Admin
    • Unnamed Road, Tonopah, AZ 85354, USA

Good post & video Ray! Lucky it was not the injector pump, that one will set you back a little in the wallet. Glad you got “Old Blue” back to work.:good: Happy Trails…Pal!!!

I know about that one. We had the injector pump replaced a year and a half ago, was starting to leak. Took a while to get as they are all core rebuilds now and it was around $600 plus a wack of labor.

Funny thing is I thought I’d be smart and have them throw a new lift pump in there while they were at it since the fuel system would be all apart anyway. Should have left well enough alone! Some of these aftermarket parts are such junk I guess. Makes me glad the injector pump was a core rebuild.

Cheers!

RVHH Chief Cook and Bottle Washer - LoveYourRV.com

George
    • NorCal

Heck of a place to breakdown.  Good story.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

People Who viewed ThisX