Show us your Rig

This topic contains 127 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  Doug Schneider 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Very nice. Have a blast ūüôā

A few things we have done . Removed one bench and put in a office chair . BIG brownie points on that one . Made a GEN exhaust stack for the Class C for less than $20. And built storage compartment in the cab over .that was another Big point project.

Attachments:

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.

do you have a picture for the storage compartment over the cab over ?  I was thinking about building something myself and am looking for ideas

Andrea & Ralf

...nothing left to do  but...smile smile smile

Hope this helps . 1×6 frame work , 1/4 ” ply tops ,

Attachments:

Attachments:

very nice… we dont have the front window.. I was thinking about putting a top (of ¬†bed) to ceiling cabinet up and maybe even move the TV from the side to the center …

Andrea & Ralf

Here is the dinette bench removed and the office chair in place .

Attachments:

Attachments:

I wish I could do that in mine.. but I have all the electric under the bench…

Andrea & Ralf

I built this so I can put the front 1/2 of the bunk mattress back in when one of the grandkids go with us. Lucky you about the window , they just are problems .. Leaking sooner or later , let in a lot of heat from the sun, and cold in cold weather. Just had this one replaced this spring because it cracked .

This is our Class C- 2003 Dutchman Express 28A . We bought it new and LOVE the layout.

Attachments:

Attachments:

great idea with the storage and portability to accommodate the grandkids… when we bought ours I was kinda sad that we dont have the window but then I started to wonder how good they are with leaking and stuff… I guess now I am glad we dont have one.

Andrea & Ralf

Anonymous

How did you build the generator stack? Do you have a photo? How long is your Class C? It looks nice.

Hi Spirit ;¬†¬† The gen stack was a easy build .¬† ¬†Here is the things you will need .¬†¬†¬† ¬†(1) 90 degree¬† 1.1/4 conduit to fit over your gen tail pipe — drill a hole through to pin them together with a large nail .¬†¬†So you can remove it easily .¬†¬†¬† Next you need one¬†10 ft¬†¬†length of aluminum rain down spout .—¬†¬†Two¬†pieces of aluminum to make the supports for the stack..¬†¬†I fastened theses with pop rivet’s to the stack — Then¬†bent them to fit to the sides of the conduit and slid it over it. I used hose ¬†clamps so I could adjust it up and down to get proper draft . —¬† I didn’t want to put holes in the rv ¬†to support it so I Used suction cups¬†with bungees to hold it¬†in place¬†with a yoga block to hold it away from the side of the¬†rv .¬† My wife Michelle is still¬†looking for that. LOL . After I got every thing all tuned in I pulled the pin ,¬†took it to the bench and put pop rivet’s ¬†along the seam of the stack and on to the supports to the conduit.¬† That’s it , Good to go!! The stack stays cool to touch and no more smelly generator exhaust .. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

Fantastic instructions. I can NOT stand the smell of the genny nor the sound. And everything is easy to find, esp Michelle’s yoga block, hehe. And inexpensive. Thanks a TON!¬† :yahoo:¬† :Stars:¬† :Drinks:

Spirit . Look at recent pic for a close-up. I pull it off when we travel .  Good luck and post some pics , :bye:  :good: :good: :good: :good:

Alan Bennett
    Participant

I am new to RV Happy Hour, so I thought I would make my first post here.

Right now the fifth wheel is in storage, but I did take a photo before the snow fell.

Attachments:

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.