RVing with a Dog Advice from a Full-Time RVer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ray
    Keymaster

Wrote up a new article on Love Your RV! with some RVing with a dog advice, most will work with kitties too.   :Cat:

http://www.loveyourrv.com/rving-with-a-dog-advice-from-a-full-time-rver/

AARROOOOOOO!

Angie gives the post 5  :Poo: s out of 5

AVOID FABRICS IN THE RV DÉCOR
    REMOVING ROVERS SMELL
    KENNEL TRAIN YOUR BEST FRIEND
    VENTILATION FOR THE PUP
    REDUCE FIDO’S NOISE MAKING
    SET RIG BOUNDARIES EARLY ON
    CONSISTENT KIBBLES AND BITS
    DOGGIE FIRST AID KIT

Eddie & Aileen
    Participant

Nice article Ray, love the model, Angie!!!!:heart:

Larry
    Participant

Love that beagle driving,gotta show wife.

Marsha & Dewey
    Participant

Great write up on all the pet issues! I’ve been looking at our carpet, removing it that is. Was wondering if you removed the slides carpet, when you removed your carpet? :bye:

Ray
    Keymaster

[quote quote=14903]Great write up on all the pet issues! I’ve been looking at our carpet, removing it that is. Was wondering if you removed the slides carpet, when you removed your carpet? :bye: [/quote]

No not at the time, but I’m currently in the process now. I’m trying out a product called “luxury woven vinyl” floor, very popular on boats and comes in some models of new Airstreams. Looks pretty good. Will have a blog post about the install soon.

http://infinityfabricsllc.com/

Really good advice Ray.  We are picking up our travelling companion today.  We’ll have a couple of weeks at home before heading out.  What about in the truck? Is Angie in a crate, free roaming or doggie seat belt?

Ray
    Keymaster

[quote quote=38956]Really good advice Ray. We are picking up our traveling companion today. We’ll have a couple of weeks at home before heading out. What about in the truck? Is Angie in a crate, free roaming or doggie seat belt? [/quote]

We leave the rear bench seat folded down and have had a 4-inch foam bed made that covers the entire area. Then we add a doggie bed and her non-spill dog water bowl. She is pretty comfy back there.

We don’t tether or crate her. It’s a trade-off between risk and travel enjoyment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.