Renogy Firefly Review Part One

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ray
    Keymaster

I’m in gadget geek heaven. Renogy has lent me one of their Firefly power boxes to play with.  :yahoo:

Here is the unboxing and initial impressions.

http://www.loveyourrv.com/renogy-firefly-review-part-one-the-unboxing/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interesting gadget. I looked at their website, but couldn’t any information about the inverter output, is it pure or modified sine wave?

Another feature that would be useful would be if you could charge the battery off your tow vehicle without having to carry an additional inverter to power the internal charger.

LolaandRush
    Participant

Veryyy  Interestingggg. Maybe they can get the price down some over time.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by LolaandRush.
    Ray
    Keymaster

Part Two is up on the blog now.

http://www.loveyourrv.com/renogy-firefly-review-part-two-the-guts/

In this post I tear into the thing to see what the heck is inside the magic box.  :yes:

LolaandRush
    Participant

Very good Ray, appreciate having someone like you to check out the firefly. My question is could it run my cpap for at least 6 hrs? Whatever Info I’d need to get you I would be great full to. The price when you made part one on Amazon was close to $500 I thought I ‘d seen. Now down to close to $300 that’s better.  Once again thanks for your work and time.

Ray
    Keymaster

[quote quote=10826]Very good Ray, appreciate having someone like you to check out the firefly. My question is could it run my cpap for at least 6 hrs? Whatever Info I’d need to get you I would be great full to. The price when you made part one on Amazon was close to $500 I thought I ‘d seen. Now down to close to $300 that’s better. Once again thanks for your work and time. [/quote]

Would be helpful to know the amperage and voltage it uses or watts. I have a strong feeling though that it wouldn’t be enough since it only has a small 16 amp hour battery in it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It would have been interesting to see what the open circuit voltage was on the panels while you had it apart, would have given a good idea what kind of charge controller they are using. That would tell if it was possible to charge it off a vehicle power point. Impressive that it has a pure sine wave inverter! I wouldn’t be afraid to run any technology off this unit.

Lee
    Participant

I think that is possible just wire in the center plug on your 7 pin RV plug to the battery hot side and hook that leg to your battery? just a trial to see if it works I suggest a meter to see if it is doing it, correctly though. mine does power all the 12 volt systems inside of the RV hooked up that way not sure if it charges the battery though. I need to check it to see.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It does charge the house battery when the vehicle is running.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.