Oxygenics Shower Head

Home RV Happy Hour Forums Mods and Upgrades Oxygenics Shower Head

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by LolaandRush 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

James
    • 2861 W Pelston St Tucson AZ 85746 US

I recently purchased a Oxygenics Pure Shower Genius, Model 26481. I am finding it a bit cheaply made. I bought the brushed nickel model. The hose is plastic with some kind of shiny silver stuff inside the hose. Making it look like a metal hose. The head pulsates the water coming out. Not much help I think. When you use the SmartPause Valve the water keeps running out of the head slowly. Don’t see where this is saving any water. When you turn the water back on it still gives off a cold stream.

Has anyone used this product and if so am I not using it correctly?

What is my other options for a good working shower head?

Thanks for your help James

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by James.
    Attachments:

Attachments:

Stephen C Keller
    • Iowa, United States

Wonder if it has a bad valve then. I have 3 and they all work. 2 in the home shower and one in the camper. We are on a well so pressure is lower than city water but the shower head does what we want it to. Give us a strong shower.  Water Jet makes a shower head that will also work well off the camper pump but can’t remember if it comes with a shut off valve but do remember seeing a separate shut off valve along with the Water Jet shower head at Walmart. Sorry you are not having a good shower with the Oxygenic head.

Rob Church
    • Canada

I second the comments from Stephen. We have the same model, no issues at all in our trailer.

The cold issue has nothing to do with the shower head as both hot and cold water flow into a single hose. You may be having other water issues in addition to the leaking and pulsing.

I suggest returning the unit and while you wait for a replacement, start tracking down the temperature issue.

Steve and Dianne Colibaba
    • Unnamed Road, Quartzsite, AZ 85346, USA

Our shutoff valve leaks too and is cold briefly when I open it back on. I phoned Oxygenics and was told it’s supposed to bypass a little to prevent getting burned. I like the shower head but think that valve is hokey.

Safe travels!

James

I have been doing some experimenting with my shower head and the water pressure in the RV.

This is what I found out. If I do not use my current water regulatory the head works fine.

Useing the RV water pump the head works fine. So I need to get a new water regulatory so I can adjust to the pressure I need for it to work. This photo is the one I have been looking at.

I was looking on youTube and found that the shutoff valve will not shut the water off all the way.

Any more input on this subject is welcome.

Attachments:

Attachments:

Ray
    Admin
    • Unnamed Road, Tonopah, AZ 85354, USA

I have been doing some experimenting with my shower head and the water pressure in the RV. This is what I found out. If I do not use my current water regulatory the head works fine. Useing the RV water pump the head works fine. So I need to get a new water regulatory so I can adjust to the pressure I need for it to work. This photo is the one I have been looking at. I was looking on youTube and found that the shutoff valve will not shut the water off all the way. Any more input on this subject is welcome.

I’ve had that regulator for years, works well. A big problem with cheap regulators is they reduce pressure but also flow. This one keeps the flow pretty good too.

You can easily add an inline shutoff valve to the shower. Check out this tip, works for me as I don’t take long showers when boondocking – http://www.loveyourrv.com/rv-water-heater-temperature-monitor-tip-dry-camping/

RVHH Chief Cook and Bottle Washer - LoveYourRV.com

James

I purchased a Valttera water regulator. Set it for 50 PSI and the Oxygenics Shower head works fine. I also purchased a Brady water pressure gauge. When I received it the gauge was reading 18 pounds not hooked up. So I am not sure if the gauge would give you accurate readings of your water pressure. I will be returning it to Amazon.

Stephen C Keller
    • Iowa, United States

Glad to hear the Oxygenics shower head works now. Yeah I would return the gauge also for replacement. May be able to off set the reading by taking off the 18 lbs but why trust it.

Eddie & Aileen
    • 39976-40612 Plomosa Rd, Quartzsite, AZ 85346, USA

We also have a Oxygenics Shower head in our bath. I feel kinda funny saying this but…. we haven’t used city water in 8+ months. We have been off grid-RVing for a long time now, so it works wonderful on the house pump. We have had the Oxygenics Shower head for about 4-years and never had any problems to speak of. You sure can tell the water savings with it from the old style RV shower heads. Wonderful for Boondocking!:good:

Happy Trails!!!

LolaandRush
    • Rainbow Springs, Florida 34432, USA

We bought the regulator too after Ray spoke of his.

We became FullTimers July !6th, 2016

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

People Who viewed ThisX