New Pantry

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Installed a pantry cabinet today in some of the unused wall space of our trailer. I originally got the idea from Andy Baird’s site,

http://www.andybaird.com/travels/

Excellent use for a wasted spot.

Eddie & Aileen
    Participant

Neet pantry install Roger! love the pictures,and next to the entry door. Makes it easy to load up.

Ray
    Keymaster

Great work there Roger. I love the idea, so easy to see everything.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There was 18″ of wasted space on the walk to the front bedroom, and the pantry is only 5″ from wall to door surface, most of which was obstructed by the curtain for the bedroom.
    The front is cork with the steel strips for magnets between the cork sheets.

Ron Curtis
    Participant

Fantastic mod, everything right where you can see and get to it!

Norma
    Participant

Great install, Roger.  I love the magnets idea!

Ray
    Keymaster

How did you anchor it in place?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The base is screwed to the floor, at the top of the wall is a frame extension from the door frame, used 90 degree brackets for that, anchored in three spots with 1 5/8 construction screws and one stud runs just about down the middle of the cabinet, more brackets. One spot at the top I had had to use a expanding metal wall fastener, but I got a great tool from England for installing these, so it wasn’t a problem.

Curious by Nature
    Participant
    Eddie & Aileen
    Participant

Thanks for reposting  these pictures Roger.

We love this Mod and hope to use it in our kitchen ReMod soon.

It was a wonderful use of wasted space!

Happy Trails!!! :good:

Courteney Miller
    Participant

Hello,

My family and I will be transitioning into full time RV living in July and I just came across this website.  I searched the website you originally got the pantry idea from but cannot find where the pantry was purchased.  Will you please reply and let me know where I can buy this pantry…thanks!

Curious by Nature
    Participant

I’ll take it as a compliment that you think I bought the pantry! I built it to fit the space, so it’s a custom fit. The idea came from Andy Baird’s website. The link shows the dimensions he used and a materials list.

http://www.andybaird.com/travels/gertie/pantry.htm

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.