Money saving tips for RVing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ray
    Keymaster

Being that we aren’t yet famously wealthy and unable to work the six months we spend down south visiting the United States during the winter, we really have to watch our budget. In the last few years travelling full time in our RV we have figured out some ways to be frugal and save our money. It’s this cheaper style of RVing that has allowed Anne and I to explore more places and spend more time RVing then we would have thought possible. Below you’ll find some of our best advice for saving money when RVing.

[size size=26]Tips to save Money[/size]

George

Good tips Ray.  Being new to RV camping I didn’t figure out right away that I should hold the black water until the holding tank is pretty full and have been paying for full hookup even though, for the few days we are out at a time, the holding tanks don’t fill up.  I can save $5 a day and have more sites available if I just use the free dump station when I leave.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not fully understanding, do you have to pay to dump?  We got sick of our tank and the whole dumping process so I pulled them out and installed a vacuum unit which lasts us two days and I just empty in the nearest toilet block (no chemicals and no smell).

Ray
    Keymaster

Hey Jon, sounds like a neat gadget, do you have a link online I can see it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry Ray, just noticed this request… Try the following link,

http://marinesanitation.com.au/vacuum-toilets-for-rvs-by-sealand/

I found this Company very efficient,  way, way more efficient than Dometic who I found to impossible to deal with – great products, lousy customer service.

Norma
    Participant

Um…don’t really understand the difference here.  I don’t use much water or electricity to flush and it goes straight into the black tank with no clogs and no smell.

Why is the vacuum system better?  And it says on the site they use Dometic toilets anyway?

Wayne Stadler
    Participant

Awesome tips Ray. These types of tips are going to come in very handy when I hit the road again.

Sherri Rabren
    Participant

I know it’s not for everyone, but we do a lot of volunteering at parks and campgrounds. We are able to save up money while we do 24 hours of work for full hook ups. We are able to hike, kayak, go site seeing, photography, so on and so forth. We find a lot of places on volunteer.gov. So far we have volunteered at 2 different parks and have had a blast and not having to spend money. Over the winter we volunteered in Palo Duro Canyon Sate Park and it was just beautiful!!! This picture was from behind our trailer!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Sherri Rabren.

Attachments:
    Keith Proudman
    Participant

Sounds interesting. How do I find out more about this option we are new to RVing.

Sherri Rabren
    Participant

Volunteer.gov is one place I browse regularly.

great tip…thanks for the info

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.