Mice?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am now going through a mouse issue myself¬† ūüôĀ¬†¬† On the 2nd day I put out sticky pads, not at all effective. 3rd day I placed peanut butter in the center of them since the mice loved my trail mix of peanuts and chocolate. A mouse ate from the edge of the pad and got tuckered before reaching the peanut butter. Day 4 I placed a piece of Snickers in the center of the peanut butter. Still have the mouse. Was thinking of getting the pellets since it is my understanding that they will need to drink water after eating it so I thought that would shoo them out and then get the Fresh Cabs I’ve heard so much about. This is a pain but we are in a old farmer’s field with a river beside us.

Backpacker
    Participant

Hi Spirit, ¬†Mice are smart little creatures. ¬†The best ways I have found is to spray the underside of my trailer with “Mouse Free” (¬†http://www.mouse-free.com/ ) and to use the tire rings around the tires & jack as described in my Nov. 15, 2014¬†post. ¬†I tried the Irish Spring in my car where I have had problems & the mice chewed on it so I don’t think that works. LOL! ¬†I have also tried “RatAway” on our 2 cars that¬†we left in our rural home’s driveway for a 2 wk vaca. ¬†Mixed thoughts on that though. 1 car had about $100 of repairs for mice damage after our return. ¬†But, the other car doesn’t have any apparent mouse activity.¬† The other thing you can try, if you are desperate, is to spray either fox or coyote urine around the RV or on it’s tires. ¬†It stinks but seems to keep them away. You can get that anywhere that sells hunting supplies, Gander Mtn, Dicks, Field & Stream, etc. ¬†Don’t¬†use the poisons like DeCon! ¬†The mice that ingest that are often eaten as¬†they are dying by hawks, eagles, fox, coyotes, someone’s pet cat or dog. ¬†They then also suffer greatly as they too die! ¬†Are you hooked up to anything? ¬†Are the mice using a power cord as a route of entry? Another post spoke of putting a cone device on the cord so the mice can’t get around it. I hope this might help you out. Good luck!

Marsha & Dewey
    Participant

We had an invasion of mice started the month of October in rapid city SD…. Everything was looking to find a home for the winter… Tried sticky traps first, but no luck. Chance over to your old fashion spring trap with peanut butter lure….. No more mice!! Took a bit as we kept picking them up along our way west. Glad they were no it be a sent from not rats, mice are not as smart, a lot easier to catch. :bye:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Backpacker for your input. Too bad I didn’t read this sooner as a friend shot a coyote 2 days ago and I could have gotten the urine from it. Maybe I’ll be able to shoot a coyot tomorrow while out hunting. The only thing I have draping off the rig is the skirt (cement blankets). For now I have placed old fashion wood/metal spring traps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Marsha and Dewey,

I bought the spring traps this morn and set them with peanut butter bait and now at hunting camp and hoping this will be the end of this mouse and will buy other products to keep them away. The mouse walked all over the sticky pads without getting stuck¬† ūüôĀ¬†¬† Hope you both have a great week¬† ūüôā

Marsha & Dewey
    Participant

Hope they work for you! Safe travels!

Paul Boyle
    Participant

My sister buys a couple boxes fabric softener sheets and they put them all over the camper and pick them up in the spring and put in a baggy for next winter. They live on a farm. Five years and no problems.

Alton & Sharon
    Participant

Spirit, are the mice now gone?  I find I now have a few myself!!  Looking for ideas.  Paul Boyle is there a certain type of fabric softener sheets she uses or just any?

Paul Boyle
    Participant

Cheap ones but put one in every nook and cranny and scattered around the floor and storage areas. Pick up in spring and put in baggie for next winter.

Alton & Sharon
    Participant

Thanks, Paul, a friend told me she thought it had to be Bounce, but I have Snuggle, so was going to try that.¬† Just having the package in here is making things smell good to me!!¬† I usually keep it in my trunk for the laundry, but brought in here to try. ūüėČ

Paul Boyle
    Participant

I called my sister to confirm. Two Cheap large boxes of off brand fabric softener sheets spread everywhere and in everything. She collects them in the spring and puts in a plastic bag and uses them for her laundry (they work fine). She puts new ones in the camper each year.  They are surrounded by state park and farm land with a great number of mice. This keeps them mouse free.

Alton & Sharon
    Participant

Thanks, Paul for checking for me.  We will see how it goes.  Alton told me to also put out the glue traps, although I remember what Spirit said, so bought both kinds.  I hope the fabric softener does the trick as I do not want to see them or have to put them in bags as they scream on the glue trap, and with my luck it will be in the middle of the night!!  :negative:

Alton & Sharon
    Participant

Well, I put the dryer sheets out yesterday, but also the traps just in case, and no mice in the traps this morning.  Keeping my fingers crossed!!  Thanks all!  :whistle:

Paul Boyle
    Participant

Good Luck my sister and niece swear by the drier sheets.

LolaandRush
    Participant

While we were installing the solar Eddie came across a mice or two. Set traps and got them. Now he had me go over the RV and fill all the voids I found with foam. Even dropped panel to area where all pipes run into tanks. Since then (Sept. ) we have had no signs of the little buzzards.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.