Late Night Mouse Jammed in RV Furnace Fan

Home RV Happy Hour Forums Repairs and Maintenance Late Night Mouse Jammed in RV Furnace Fan

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Donny 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Admin

See Full Blog Post – http://www.loveyourrv.com/arrgh-mouse-jammed-rv-furnace-fan/

1:30 AM and it sounds like a freight train is in our RV! Both Anne and I bolt out of bed. What the heck is happening!? I quickly deduce it’s coming from the RVs gas furnace. Great :( Our heater is busted. Last summer I had removed it to take a look at its inner workings and clean it out, so luckily knew precisely how to pull it out. It was a cold night, so I decided to investigate immediately.

I had a sneaking suspicion it may be a mouse caught up in the squirrel cage fan. We had just left Joshua Tree National Park where we had a few late night scurrying visitors to the rig. I had set traps but came up empty. Sure enough, once I got the furnace out of its enclosure, there it was, our suicidal rodent wedged in the fan blades. RIP.

RVHH Chief Cook and Bottle Washer - LoveYourRV.com

2 users thanked author for this post.

….when out in the furnace there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what got splattered :)

2 users thanked author for this post.

Ray
    Admin

….when out in the furnace there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what got splattered :)

haha! good one.  :good:

RVHH Chief Cook and Bottle Washer - LoveYourRV.com

’twas one of the nights before Christmas and all through the Cougar

everyone was snoring, except one furry soon-to-be loser. . . . .

Thought I would continue the theme. . . . . . .

Away to the furnace Ray flew like flash,’

Tore open the heater afraid he’d spend cash. . .

When what to his wandering eyes does appear,

A mouse in the fan, clogging the sphere.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who viewed ThisX