HWY 101, Oregon

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Awesome RVing and views traveling 101 down the coast

Attachments:

Just finished the trip down the 101 in our 5ver. Awesome views between The rain drops.  Enjoyed some great sunsets. Worth a secound trip for sure.

William Pender
    Participant

In 2010 My wife and I took a road trip up 101 in Ca. and Or. as far as Crater Lake in Or. and then back down through Nv. It took us ten days in the car, would liked to have spent more time photographing and seeing the sights. Great trip!

Ray
    Keymaster

[quote quote=338]In 2010 My wife and I took a road trip up 101 in Ca. and Or. as far as Crater Lake in Or. and then back down through Nv. It took us ten days in the car, would liked to have spent more time photographing and seeing the sights. Great trip![/quote]

Nice, Crater Lake is cool, we looped over there from the Oregon Coast during one trip. What time of year did you do your 2010 trip, in Spetember 2010 we drove down the coast then over to Yosemite and down around the bottom of the Seirras and up hwy 395 on the east side of them to Lake Tahoe, then back over to the coast and up to BC. Great trip, maybe we passed by each other. 🙂 It’s the trip that really got us hooked on RVing. We did it in a camper van. Anne, me and two beagles for almost a month.

Here is the van halfway up MT Shasta, and Anne is waiting for the clouds to clear on the summit to photograph.

Attachments:
    Dan Huhn
    Participant

101 is definitely a trip well worth it. The scenery is spectacular .

Linda & Marv
    Participant

This the route we always take when heading south and when returning home. Never get tired of it and the awesome views.

Richard
    Participant

We just returned from Oregon in August after spending a month enjoying the beautiful coast. I wish more of the State Parks had camping available however.

Ray
    Keymaster

Touring the Three Capes Scenic Drive on the Oregon Coast

Really cool part of the Oregon Coast we explored in the spring.

Cheryl Henry
    Participant

We have spent many vacations exploring the Oregon Coast and most recently spent 6 months workamping at Gold Beach for the winter 2012/spring 2013 season. Many people miss this stretch of beach because it is skipped if you head to Shasta or Crater Lake. It is about 30 miles north of Calif border. Brookings Or is just a few miles from border. Both are very nice small towns that haven’t yet gone full tourist town. First picture is at Gold Beach and second was taken at Brookings State Park, a very nice and reasonably priced park!

Attachments:
    Ray
    Keymaster

I know the area, as we drive the 101 often, love the photo with the beach and the dark clouds, beautiful! I think we will have to check out the area more closely next time by.

Dale
    Participant

Just made our reservations for June at both Canon Beach ( 3 nights) and Lincoln City (7 nights) Oregon. Looks like lots to do at Canon Beach Area not sure about Lincoln City. We will be Leaving Seattle heading down the Coast on Highway 101 and taking it to San Francisco then back to Michigan.

Ray
    Keymaster

[quote quote=10132]Just made our reservations for June at both Canon Beach ( 3 nights) and Lincoln City (7 nights) Oregon. Looks like lots to do at Canon Beach Area not sure about Lincoln City. We will be Leaving Seattle heading down the Coast on Highway 101 and taking it to San Francisco then back to Michigan. [/quote]

The Three Capes Scenic drive is just north of Lincoln and also Tillamook Cheese factory is a neat stop. Makes a good day trip.

Too the south of it check out Depoe Bay, sometimes see whales right off the coast, usually has really impressive wave activity.

While going down the coast make sure to stop and take a look at Bandon Beach, really cool.

Dale
    Participant

Oh that sounds great Ray, I am a big cheese lover. I am making a list of the things to see and do and what a great place to find the information from people who have been there. Gotta Love “Love Your Rv” forums. Sometime back I remember watching one of your YouTube videos I think about Canon Beach and that is what lead Me to book there. I called the Chamber of Commerce from Canon Beach and they sent Me a magazine full of fun stuff to do. Can’t wait.
    Also on our way I will be traveling through Montana and if anyone knows of a nice Campground where I can camp and be on or real close to a river or lake that would be great.
    Thanks,
    Dale

Ray
    Keymaster

Here is my Bandon and Tillamook posts, both favorite stops. The old town docks area of Newport is worth a stop as well, they have great food and a dock loaded with Sea Lions. So many cool little areas along that coast, you’ll have a great time Dale.  :yes:

http://www.loveyourrv.com/face-rock-wayside-while-rving-highway-101-oregon/

http://www.loveyourrv.com/touring-the-tillamook-cheese-factory/

Dale
    Participant

Wow! Beautiful Ray, I really appreciate the links. My wife and I are really excited. We are meeting My Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law at Canon Beach and then working our way down to California. We are Staying in Seattle at a Campground called Lake Pleasant north of Seattle about 20 miles before we head to Alaska for 11 days. Going to be putting about 7,000 miles on the rig. Glad I just installed a 38 gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Dale.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Dale.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.