Hello! New Here!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shawn, Amey & Aya
    Participant

Hey Guys/Gals! My friend Dustin directed me to this forum, though smaller than most of the other forums I’m part of, I can really see why he likes this one so much already. From browsing around it the last few days you can tell it’s genuinely full of like minded people with similar interests in mind and lots of willingness to help each other! I really like that, and I’m glad I joined! A little about myself and family: My name is Shawn I have a beautiful wife Amey and an 18month old daughter Aya (pronounced “I-yuh” haha) we live in Colorado on the Western slope, westslopebestslope as we say!  I’m the GM of a mattress company and my wife is a stay at home mom, We are still relatively new to “RVing” and for now are weekend warriors, who do 3-4 day trips every couple weeks during the spring, summer, and fall. Eventually as Aya gets older we would like to transition to longer road trips exploring the Great USA and its Amazing National Parks etc. As far as my rig I own a 2016 Keystone Carbon 327 Toyhauler that I absolutely have loved from the first day of ownership. Have had no issues with it and has towed like a dream (knock on wood)! My tow vehicle is a 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax CCSB. I have added EFI Live to it for better fuel economy and towing power. I have also added Airlift airbags in the rear to make  it ride even better and connect it all together with a Pullrite SuperGlide 5th Wheel Hitch. In the 12′ garage I usually bring along my Polaris RZR 4 Seater or my Golf Cart. It has been amazing the places we have gone over the last year and adventures we’ve had!! I looked forward to many more years of this to come!! Lastly we all like pictures so attached are several from our adventures this year! I’m an avid photographer and love taking pictures to document life and the memories we create!! Happy Camping!

Attachments:
    Ray
    Keymaster

Welcome, Shawn. 🙂  That is a sweet setup you have there! Looks like you’re having a ton of fun with it.

Great photos, I really like the shot with the campfire. Cheers!

Shawn, Amey & Aya
    Participant

[quote quote=37757]Welcome, Shawn. :) That is a sweet setup you have there! Looks like you’re having a ton of fun with it. Great photos, I really like the shot with the campfire. Cheers! [/quote]

Thanks Ray, We’ve tried to get out as much as life will allow us to at the moment! I’m usually pretty busy with work but have been fortunate to have a boss who also has an RV and knows what it’s like to want to escape the daily grind and affords me time to do that!  I’ve watched several of your video’s on youtube they are very good! I too have a youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/xxjdmcivicek9xx that I’m working on getting more and more active on id like to start earning a bit more money on it, plus it’s really fun making videos that I can someday look back on with the family.

Ray
    Keymaster

Good job at getting that beast backed in there! Tight spot. I thought for a second the front was going to hit the truck cab when you cracked it sharp.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome Gang,

I am seldom on but been here abt 2 yrs now and this is a fab group of ppl. I have been on the road with my pup since May 2014 and love it. We are currently in southern Virginia as I am workamping my first job here through the winter. Camping and traveling is a great way of life for your daughter as she can learn so much including hands-on history.

Enjoy,

Spirit and Kaiya

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.