Hanging photos on walls

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Do any of you hang photos on the RV walls and if you do, how do you attach them  so that they stay put when you are on the road?

Our fifth wheel is about a year old and the things that I have attached with Velcro have already fallen off the wall.  We are very part-time travelers (hoping that is going to change soon),  but trailer stays in storage when we are not using it.

I put some stuff up with Velcro when we first bought the trailer but it has already fallen off. I am assuming that the heat down here in North Carolina has something to do with the Velcro not permanently sticking .

I am not sure if small screws are an option or if there’s a better way  to attach things that will not ruin the wall.

Any input you can give, would be appreciated.

Rob Mellander
    Participant

Hi Steve and Gladys

I purchased some longer than normal rivets and riveted a picture hook on the wall, additionally adding Velcro at the bottom of the picture frame on the back.  Ther hook and the velcro work together to take the weight of the picture as well as always keeping the picture straight

Good luck

Rob

Stephen C Keller
    Participant

Wife is trying the Command Strips that she can put around the frame. We will know in a week or so if that will work to hold some family pictures up. Will let everyone know once we get back from our trip. Seem to remember seeing this on another forum and it worked for them.

Ray
    Keymaster

I used 3M outdoor mounting tape for a decor piece and it’s held strong almost 2 years now. Of course, it’s likely permanent.  http://www.loveyourrv.com/attaching-decor-rv-walls-without-screws/

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=45895]Hi Steve and Gladys I purchased some longer than normal rivets and riveted a picture hook on the wall, additionally adding Velcro at the bottom of the picture frame on the back. Ther hook and the velcro work together to take the weight of the picture as well as always keeping the picture straight Good luck Rob [/quote]
    Thanks, Rob. That sounds like it should work well with the hook taking the weight and the velcro to keep it from swinging.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=45899]Wife is trying the Command Strips that she can put around the frame. We will know in a week or so if that will work to hold some family pictures up. Will let everyone know once we get back from our trip. Seem to remember seeing this on another forum and it worked for them. [/quote]
    Thank, Stephen.  We have used the Command strips but not on photos. The heat here in NC seems to do a job on the glue because, after a year, they have loosened and fallen off. Perhaps it was the installer (that would be me, Gladys, the one without patience 😉 ). Looking forward to seeing how yours hold.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=45901]I used 3M outdoor mounting tape for a decor piece and it’s held strong almost 2 years now. Of course, it’s likely permanent. http://www.loveyourrv.com/attaching-decor-rv-walls-without-screws/ [/quote]
    Thanks, Ray. I remember reading that on your site. I am not sure that I want to do anything that is permanent but that might be the only answer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.