Free Camp siteshttps://freecampsites.net/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sherri Rabren
    Participant

I know everyone is looking for free or discounted places to park or to camp. So I thought I would share. There are several Army Corps of Engineer campgrounds that have free camping, up to 14 days. We are volunteering at Lake Whitney in Texas. They have a couple free campgrounds around the Lake. Although they do not have water or electric hook ups, they are nice level sites. Go to the Army Corp of Engineer web site to look up locations. Great for dry camping and over night stays.

Freecampsites.net is another great site for free campgrounds in the US and they have a trip planner. They show pay camping, permit camping, dumpsites, and so on.

Allstays is another one of my favorites! They have an app for smart phones and tablets that has a major list of everything a full timer needs.

If you are like my husband and I and have limited income because of disability or you just like saving money for splurging later, volunteer.gov is the place to go! There are plenty of campgrounds looking for volunteers. Full hook ups, a million dollar view for as little as 20 hours a week of work.

Workers on wheels has paid positions offered by RV parks and campgrounds  that doesn’t require a monthly membership for you to access.

Happyvagabonds.com ( they have a Facebook page too) posts positions available throughout the country as well and doesn’t charge a membership to access it.

Hope this helps some.

We’ve camped several times at  U.S. Army Corp of Engineers site just below John Day dam in Oregon.  It’s in the Columbia Gorge at the little town of Rufus, Oregon.  It’s called Gilles French park.  Pit toilets and all kinds of room or several RVs  We highly recommend anyone to check this out if you’re looking for a free place to camp with your RV on the lower Columbia River.

Slim Lundeen

I couldn’t find an easy way to find a list of USACOE (Corp of Engineers) campsites.  But I did find that if you went to the bottom of the recreation.gov website there is a link to “Partners”.  Click on that link and it will take you to a list of participating agencies.  Click on the reservations link and it will take you to a list of that agency’s campsites.  I don’t know if it is complete or not but it is a start.  And it has campsites that don’t take reservations too so it’s a good start in my opinion.

Ray
    Keymaster

[quote quote=45190]I couldn’t find an easy way to find a list of USACOE (Corp of Engineers) campsites.  [/quote]

If you use the Allstays website or app you can use a filter to show all COE campsites on a map

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.