Fifth Wheel Travel Trailer Tire Tips and Advice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ray
    Keymaster

See Full Blog Post – http://www.loveyourrv.com/fifth-wheel-travel-trailer-tire-tips/

In this video, I answer questions I often get from readers and viewers about trailer tires. Things like how often do I replace them, what PSI do I inflate them to and what brand do I use?

I also go through some tips and advice I’ve learned over my 6 years of full-time fifth wheel trailer travel. I’ve so far been lucky and haven’t experienced a trailer tire flat or blowout and hope to keep it that way.

I’m not an expert by any means so consult your tire technician and also research for yourself.

Any additional advice or tips are always welcome in the comments. Cheers! Ray

Dan Huhn
    Participant

Ray I have the EEtire monitor I’ve had it going on three years it has worked good for me it can monitor all your tires even on your truck. I know a lot of people have TST monitor I think they all work about the same, Like I said I am happy with the one I have,gives me a little peace going down the road. I dont think you can go wrong with any of them.

Ray
    Keymaster

Thanks, Dan. Seems to be a popular one. How is the battery life on those?

Dan Huhn
    Participant

I’ve had the same batteries that came with them still going. The monitor screen plugs into 12volt in my truck. I also bought the repeater that I mounted in front cargo bin of my 5er, with the length of my trailer i wanted to make sure to get a reading in my truck.

Stephen C Keller
    Participant

Thanks for the video Ray. Definitely informative and I plan to get one for my fiver and maybe the truck also. Did purchase a ebook off of Barns and Noble today that was written by you. Really enjoying reading it.

Ray
    Keymaster

[quote quote=46650]Thanks for the video Ray. Definitely informative and I plan to get one for my fiver and maybe the truck also. Did purchase a ebook off of Barns and Noble today that was written by you. Really enjoying reading it. [/quote]
    Cool, thanks. You can find another free eBook here – http://www.loveyourrv.com/46-rv-tips-tricks-love-rv/   🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Ray.
    Mike and Lesia
    Participant

You talked about using LT tires vs. ST tires. I drive an 18 wheeler, and the companies I have driven for use the tires that come off the truck on the trailers.  But, big rigs are also allowed to run re-caps and minimum tread depth of 2/32″ on trailer and drive tires, things I’d never do on my fifth wheel RV.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.