Dog Runs- Non Permanent

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    The Fullowkas
    Participant

Hi everyone- I have a question regarding camping at LTVAs or other camp sites-regarding our yorkie and putting up a fence. Is it allowed? We would buy some fencing and just secure something by the RV so our dog has a spot to stay inside. Is this allowed in campgrounds or in LTVAs?

Norma
    Participant

I’m staying long-term at a park here in Texas and she let’s us put up temporary fences.  I got something like this and it works great!  I’m betting it’s ok some places and not others, so you’d just have to ask.

Chewbacca is pretty obedient so I was more worried about dogs running loose and/or other varmints…and keeping them OUT as opposed to keeping him IN, though it does that too…

The Fullowkas
    Participant

hi Norma- yes, once we stop the RV our dog is ready to get out- and we cant be walking him 24/7- although in his perfect world we would be- :wacko:

Yes, we are looking more at fencing to put up with some stakes- would be cheaper if hubby put something like that up… cheaper than what you have. Are the LTVA spots fussy ?

Ray
    Keymaster

As long as your not digging big holes in the ground I doubt there is a problem in LTVAs. In regular RV parks it will be up to the management. Almost every park I’ve been has a rule that states all dogs must be on a leash, but most seem to allow a little fencing, especially for small dogs.

The Fullowkas
    Participant

well, we were looking at the permanent dog exercise pens but they seemed small and expensive. Gerry saw a fencing in one of the hardware flyers and said that would work perfect to set something up with a few stakes.. he’s good at “constructing”- but we werent sure what was allowed. I know I have seen the exercise pens that Norma spoke of in other RVer photos before but like I said, we were looking for something a bit different.

Jakey doesnt dig either

Norma
    Participant

You could get some plastic lattice at Home Depot and cut it in half lengthwise.  Use stakes at the ends.  It’d only be two feet high, though…

These are all good suggestions!!   We have found that managers and owners are very nice to talk with and usually most accommodating.  Best of luck with the fencing!

Sherri Rabren
    Participant

All of the hosting positions we have had and a few places we have stayed have allowed us to put up a temporary fence around our 5th Wheel and in front of it, so were are accessible to campers. We use our old hot rope system that I had with the horses. We use 5 strands, light weight fiberglass poles and the yellow fittings. All of our dogs respect the fence. Once in a blue moon I have to turn on the solar powered hot box when my heeler gets a little to big for her britches. If we are out in the boonies, I will turn it on ONLY to keep the wildlife out and the dogs in just incase some one gets the bright idea of messing with the wildlife. The rope is bright yellow and easily seen. Many places we have been to have been all for it when we show them what we have and how it works. Everything we have fits in an old chair bag and is light and easily stow able.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.