Digital Television

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peter & Suzanne
    Participant

We have a 2012 ForestRiver 8315bss with 37 inch flat screen tv. On the menu i have two choices for inputs, analogue and cable. Cable works well and is a crisp image. Analogue will not work. No signal while attached to roof arial. I am assuming that as there are no longer analogue signals being broadcast, that is the reason. Is there a qizmo i can buy to allow digital signal pickup or am i in the market for a new digital. tv

Ray
    Keymaster

Are you sure it says Analogue or does it say Antenna.

If it’s antenna it may have a built-in Digital over the air tuner. What are the TV’s make and model?

When you are using the RV antenna are you making sure the antenna booster amp is turned on?

Peter & Suzanne
    Participant

Mmmm, i’ll check and come back to you. Thanks

Peter & Suzanne
    Participant

You are right, it is Ant/cable, not anal. Booster was on and a message on the screen says”Digital channel signal strength is low Ant/cable: 10-1 (cable). So maybe there are no strong enough channels around. Is there a booster to increase the antennas pick up.

Ray
    Keymaster

If it is the standard batwing antenna you can buy an add-on for the digital frequencies, I did it to mine and it helped pull in more stations. Also, try different antenna positions. Check TVfool.com to see the available stations and where to point the antenna.

Digital add-on – http://www.loveyourrv.com/winegard-antenna/

Is the TV set to Antenna mode and did you do a channel scan?

J J

WOW… I’m liking that TVFool!!!

i purchased that winegard uhf booster and installed it tonight..getting 7 more digital  stations now…best 30 something bucks I spent.

Peter & Suzanne
    Participant

Thanks, it is on my list for the spring👍👌. Unfortunatly our season is over this year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.