Deer Cr, Chico, Feather River

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    George

A couple of weeks ago we had to make a run to Chico.  Decided to take Deer Creek (Hiway 32)  down.  I have driven it many times in a car but first in the MH.  It went ok but was very narrow and windy and cars like to race through it.  Wife and dog weren’t fond of being tossed back and forth.

Stayed at Almond Tree RV park in town.  Small but very clean, lawns and trees.  Owners very nice friendly folks.  Now much room between rigs.

Decided to go back home up Feather River (Hiway 70); wider and straighter.  I knew there were tunnels but figured I would be ok with a rig height of just under 12 feet.  But I never know what the clearance sign is referring to: Does the 14 foot clearance refer to the center or low point in my lane?  with or without the things hanging from the ceiling?

Picture is from Google Earth

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by George.

Attachments:
    Marsha & Dewey
    Participant

Hi George…. We both grew up and lived almost will or lives in the chico oroville area… Will be heading back there for thanksgivbing and Christmas with the kids. Clearance signs refer to the lowest point. :bye:

George

Thanks, I just always wonder anyway.

My wife and I did a 9 year stint in Eureka/Arcata.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.