BDing with pets🐈

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    J J

Greetings all, was wondering if it safe to dispose of kitty waste in the great outdoors? We use a biodegradable litter and have two cats, we are thinking of how to manage this while boondocking, not really wanting to hold onto the goods with the garbage.

J

Eddie & Aileen
    Participant

First it’s biodegradable. Second if your boondocking and out where the “wild” animals than yes.  it’s not like we always do find trash all over.  plastic bags are the worse .   clothes and all sorts of stuff .   now if it’s around other people than do like we do, catch it in a separate bag in a separate container outside .   with a lid on it.  We learned that one from Ray .   than its not in the camper .   same with the dogs .   Happy Trails from Aileen and the gang

Ray
    Keymaster

I guess it depends on the type of kitty litter. I know my sister used to have a dog who like to break into the room where the litter box was. He would eat the poo. Problem is it was coated with the litter and he almost died once from it getting bound up in his intestines. I guess the same thing could happen to wild animals that find it, even buried.

J J

Thanks for the replies everyone 👍🏻 The litter we use is dried grass, so no danger to dispose of outside. Guess it depends on location, agree if we have neighbors best to hold on and dispose later, if we are on our own than we bury the goods. Need to find a receptical of sorts, also need to find a storage container for the garage. I’ve seen Rays solution but alas we don’t have a tool box in the back of the truck, carry our gen and air compressor there.

J

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.