Bad Diesel Fuel

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by LolaandRush 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

LolaandRush
    • Rainbow Springs, Florida 34432, USA

Twice in the last 4 months we have purchased bad Diesel fuel. First time in May  was in Denver. We went and did some tourist viewing in Ouray, Co. and on the way back to Crawford we purchased fuel at City Market. We went to get our truck serviced the day the truck decided to D-Rate. Fuel looked odd and barely smelt like diesel. What a weird predicament so close together. Its not cheap getting the problem corrected either.

Workamping in a small rural area we are limited to where truck gets worked on and two where we buy diesel. We know where we bought the last 4 tanks of fuel. We have contact City Market where we purchased the last two tanks of fuel. We will see soon what’s the damages on repairs. As they say could have been worse I guess.

We became FullTimers July !6th, 2016

LolaandRush

Went and got truck from Ford Dealership, didn’t get fifty miles and it D-rated again. Fun.

Kimberly Flores
    • 39976-40612 Plomosa Rd, Quartzsite, AZ 85346, USA

What do you mean when you say D rated?

Has the water collection canister been emptied? Just a thought.

-Kimberly, Wagon Master - LovetheRVlife.com
    "Let's Make a Point To Leave This Place Better Than When We Came, One Life at a Time."

1 user thanked author for this post.

LolaandRush

Its the computer term to reduced power. Kim if its possible I’ve tried it. crawled up under her and removed then replace filter. Its just sucking air from somewhere. Fuel tank had water in it. Now its all clean fuel, I’ve drain enough off to know there’s no more water.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Kimberly Flores
    • 39976-40612 Plomosa Rd, Quartzsite, AZ 85346, USA

Gotcha. Water is not good at all. Hopefully it gets rectified asap.

When I visited my son in law in Illinois, he asked me if I ever had drained the water collector. I said no and he took a big coffee can and crawled under my truck. Within 5 minutes he came out with a full can of water! I was shocked. But I am smarter now I think.

Is the plug on your collector tight?

The dealer should have checked all that you’d think.

-Kimberly, Wagon Master - LovetheRVlife.com
    "Let's Make a Point To Leave This Place Better Than When We Came, One Life at a Time."

LolaandRush

Its a shame the way the world is headed. Younger generation has no pride in there work.

1 user thanked author for this post.

LolaandRush

Well got our fingers crossed. Hope to here something on truck tomorrow.  Over a month and we are still wrestling with our bad diesel problem. After setting down and talking with Ford in Detroit we have it close. Dealership has a lot of diesels being worked on and between them we get ours looked at. This is the third time and could be forth to come.

Stephen C Keller
    • Iowa, United States

Times have changed and not for the better. I remember that if we ever had a vehicle come in and wasn’t fixed correctly you never got paid for it till you got it right. If it took 40 hours to fix and the “book said it should take 10 you lost 30 hours of pay. If it came back you did not receive any pay till next job was done after you fixed the one you already said was fixed and wasn’t. No offence to the schools now but can remember when new techs came of vocational school and had to be retrained to the correct ways of doing anything.  Sorry to hear you are still having truck issues. If the dealership is having this many diesel issues then that should point to a fuel delivery issue at the stations or station and would think that could make them liable for repairs payment. But again, these are different times. Nothing like the old days. Years ago I used to be a auto, truck auto body tech and took pride in making sure every job was correct when it went out the door. Even if it took longer than it should. Could always make up for the length of time on next job.

LolaandRush

You so right Stephen.

LolaandRush

Well oh fat Baby came out of the shop for the third time and still broke down on me just three miles from the service center. We are now getting the complete fuel system replaced($7000). This is all caused by some bad diesel fuel. Can’t put our fingers on exactly but when fat baby went down in Denver back in April she had crystals in fuel filters. They believe somehow DEF(diesel emissions fluid) got in fuel. Maybe by next Friday we hope to have her back and we can be off to NC.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

People Who viewed ThisX