Almost look like the perfect floor plan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thierry
    Participant

Anybody considered the Grand Design Solitude 377MB.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2017/fifth-wheel/solitude/floorplans/377mb-377mb-r

Almost look like the perfect floor plan for a family and home office, playroom or else.

Well without the ouch price tag…

Thierry

CaptnRob
    Participant

Too big for my taste. I went with the Grand Design Reflection 323 BHS. Modified the bunk room slideout by removing the sofa and flip up bunk and installing my computer desk. my 7 year old uses the other bunk.

Thierry
    Participant

What I found interesting with those middle bunk one is that we still have the open space on the back with all the windows, the kid can still have a place to sleep in the loft and we still have a room for the office, learning, play area.

Of course all that come in detriment to other space. The pantry in the kitchen is smaller, the drawers are smaller, the bathroom is a little smaller.

we had a chance to see one of those Solitude. The loft is huge, I’m 5’10 and I can lie down and extend my arms and barelly touch both walls with my toes and fingers.

That unit can sleep 8 adults… Crazy…

and if the loft is not used it’s a hummanguous storage area.

anyway we can always dream   :Winking:

Justin & Stacy
    Participant

We have been looking at possible upgrades for out current 5th wheel and have looked at the Grand Designs as one that has made the short list. But we are most likely going to start off going the first year of our full timing in our current unit. I would like to hear how many people that do a lot of traveling, Do you find the 35’+ units to be to difficult to get into the average tourist areas? Our current is a 33′ Coachmen Chaparral?

Thierry
    Participant

Ours is a Jayco 323lkts wich is 37 to 38 ft in length and we have a long box truck.

before we had a 32ft long one with a short box truck.

We dont see a huge difference actually the long box make a huge difference for sqeezing in tight places, no need to worry to slide the hitch or being jacknife.

really the only thing that make a huge difference is probably to remember that we have a couple of extra feet on the back of the 5th wheel axle and it swing a little wider.

Thierry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.