5th wheel King Pin stabilizer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rob Mellander
    Participant

Good evening

My wife and I just bout our first 5th wheel a month ago, and after camping this weekend and seeing how many 5th wheels are set up, Do many of you use 5th wheel king pin stabilizers?

Rob

Eddie & Aileen
    Participant

Hi Rob, we tried using a king pin stabilizer for a short time. It only did a small change in the rocking of the 5th wheel. Also setting up/ tearing down was a pain, and finding the area to store it wile we were in transit.

We went to a JT Strong Arm Jack Stabilizer System – 5th Wheel Kit

It keeps your 5er solid when your set up, these mount on your front jack legs and rear jacks. Also you don’t haul anything out and have to put it back in, thay stay on the rig.

This has work wonders for our home-on-wheels for 5-years now.

Kim & Jessie liked ours so much thay had us install a set on their 5er also!

Happy Trails!!!:good:

Rob Mellander
    Participant

Hi Eddie and Aileen

Thank you very much for your reply, very good to know and I will definitely be looking into the strong arm stabilizer.

Rob

Roger-lila
    Participant

Rob We use the stabilizers and also had some locks for the wheels made(to keep the springs from flexing). When our trailer was made the brackets on the frame were installed so I had the arms made at a welding shop. At times we use king pin stabilizer if wind is bad.

LolaandRush
    Participant

I have a stabilizer that my dad used back in the day. Looks like something that Columbus might have brought over with him. I use it account it does a good job taking the wiggle out of the front end. We will probaly go to the ones Eddie mention when we get out west near them next  Jan.

Dan Huhn
    Participant

Rob I installed Steadyfast stabilizer on my previous 5er worked great , they are similar to JT strong arm stabilizers. Either one will work good for you. The reason I went with the Steadyfast they where easier to use.

Rob Mellander
    Participant

Thank you Dan.  Much appreciated

Ben & Deb
    Participant

I’ve not use a king pin stabilizer but I’ve got the Steady fast and can’t say enough good about it.  Excellent construction, made in the US and took out about 90% of our bounce out of our lightweight 5ver.  Best add-on I’ve done on my rig.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.